View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 02:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Tailai

Originally Posted by KeepingUp View Post
So I'm a little over 2 months since my last drink and although life isn't perfect, I'm feeling physically pretty healthy. I've been getting back to my fitness stuff in a nice way, training for a run, getting to the gym, eating pretty healthy. Obviously I wouldn't keep up with all this when I was doing my occasional binge. I might have a few weeks of good routines, but then I'd get wasted one night, be hungover for 2 days, have terrible anxiety and mild hangover symptoms for longer, and take two weeks to get back to my usual routine, IF I didn't binge again in that time. So, this is good

I'm still struggling with a bit of anxiety and depression, but neither have me wanting to drink. Quite the opposite actually. I just want to focus on healing myself in healthy ways, which I'm doing. So my head is in an ok place, my emotions are a bit all over the place, but my body is definitely getting back to a place I feel good about. One day at a time, right?

Thanks as always for sharing and for your support! I'm quietly stalking these forums much more than I chime in and it helps to know you all are here
Way to go with the exercise routine which totally resonates. Someone here (sorry, can’t remember who) said sometimes the mind says no but the body is ready to go. It’s been helpful. Rooting for you!