View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 11:15 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Dandelion12

Originally Posted by Stayingsassy View Post
She shut you out and your daughters are not on your side because you are an unrecovered alcoholic, and there’s nothing worse to be around.

I know because I used to be one, and I inflicted myself on others on the reg. Scores of people turned against me. Of course. Unresolved alcoholism makes you unstable, paranoid, angry, selfish and difficult.

Sobriety will force you to turn inward. It’s possible that’s what you don’t like about it: you’ve got a long, long history of blaming people: the ex, the ex’s current squeeze, the neighbors, your daughters, your mom. You’re not going to take responsibility for any of your problems while you still drink. Alcoholism blocks that.

You can still get free, but no one gets sober by using everyone in life as an excuse.

Quit drinking. Volunteer your time. Work. Take care of others. Look outward. What are the needs of others around you? Who is the real sweetichick? Is she a perpetual victim or is she someone else entirely, someone we can’t see, and you are unable to see for yourself?

Take the time to find out. You might surprise yourself.
Of course. Unresolved alcoholism makes you unstable, paranoid, angry, selfish and difficult.

Hi, Id just like to add my voice to the experienced folks here.

In my life ive found that unresolved trauma was and is the reason for my behavior.

I know nothing about you or your past, but if your drinking is he way you are coping, you might want to look into healing whatever is hurting you to beging with? Just a suggestion and my best to you