View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 07:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Evoo

Originally Posted by sydneyman View Post
This sobriety is starting to cost me serious money. I have lost a lot of weight 27kg most of it since going sober. I am tall guy 183cm and now 100kg(6,1) ALL my clothes are so huge on me. I have had to replace all work clothes, jeans etc. I have donated all these to a shelter.
Its a fantastic feeling to be able to shop again but $$$. The weight loss has been a side effect of going sober. The huge boost in self confidence is a plus. Posting this for anybody down due to their weight and that's what keeps them drinking. If you drop the booze not only will you get sober but that weight will come off.
Being fat (nothing wrong with that) for me was one of the triggers to drink in itself. I felt unhappy with myself so to make myself feel better I drank. It was a huge part of the reason I drank, a vicious cycle. I was teased at school and can vividly remember that. No more. Its a great feeling to feel great mentally but also look good physically.

You can drop it both the bottle and the weight
Haha! Same. I'm actually 60 pounds lighter (27 kgs) than when I was at my worst with alcohol. I had a red face, sunken eyes, I was puffy and had terrible skin. I looked like a shadow of my younger self.

Honestly I look like a completely different person today. I'm trim, fit, clear skin, healthy-looking and I feel great. I've been told I look a lot younger at 35 than I did at 25. Imagine that.

I hear you on the clothing thing. I gave multiple trash bags of XL clothes to the GoodWill -- had to trade in for MEDIUMS. Who would've thought.

Great thread