View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 04:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KeepingUp

Feeling pretty healthy

So I'm a little over 2 months since my last drink and although life isn't perfect, I'm feeling physically pretty healthy. I've been getting back to my fitness stuff in a nice way, training for a run, getting to the gym, eating pretty healthy. Obviously I wouldn't keep up with all this when I was doing my occasional binge. I might have a few weeks of good routines, but then I'd get wasted one night, be hungover for 2 days, have terrible anxiety and mild hangover symptoms for longer, and take two weeks to get back to my usual routine, IF I didn't binge again in that time. So, this is good

I'm still struggling with a bit of anxiety and depression, but neither have me wanting to drink. Quite the opposite actually. I just want to focus on healing myself in healthy ways, which I'm doing. So my head is in an ok place, my emotions are a bit all over the place, but my body is definitely getting back to a place I feel good about. One day at a time, right?

Thanks as always for sharing and for your support! I'm quietly stalking these forums much more than I chime in and it helps to know you all are here