View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 10:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
sydneyman

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
Syd,

I was so used to being sick, tired, and weak that my mind thinks I am still like that.

All of my conscious efforts to eat healthy, e.g. veggies, fruit, quality protien, lots of water, working out 4 to 7 days a week, have transformed me into a better human.

My brain tells me I am tired, but when I hit the gym, the energy is there. I started out doing 30 minutes of weights and cardio and now I can go for 2 hours if I want. I usually stop at about an hour though. Rome wasn't built in a day.

The endorphins from fitness feel way way way better than any drunkenness for sure. I have learned that.

I routinely do nice things for people expecting nothing in return. Holding the door, making way in traffic, a big tip for a service.

All of things generate natural endorphins, internally created opiates. These are addictive as well, but can be used to make me and the world a better place.

It is my path for life and it is good and right.

Happy Sunday!

Thanks.
I agree kindness is what this planet needs. I did not look after myself when active in addiction. I hardly ate. I drank and vomited bile as had nothing in my stomach in the end. It was full of wine and I could actually feel my stomach full of liquid. Gross. Self care is top of my priorities now. Feed my temple healthy good food and lots of water. Be kind to myself and others. Mindfulness mindfulness...