View Single Post
Old 03-05-2019, 10:37 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  
MesaMan

Home Sweet Home...

We rolled in Sunday from our latest Desert Outing. Chilly temps for much of the Trip in The Great Southwest, but so it goes this Winter. Back here, it's what we call *Mud Season*. Snow. Melting Snow. Some Rain. Some nighttime freezing. Lotsa muck to slog through here in Rural Land.

Mebbe my most prized find this Trip was while out Boondocking solo with the Pooch before MesaMate flew down. I was in this area that, ~25 Million Years ago, was all Volcanoes and Swamps. As I poured some Dish Water on a deserving Shrub, this piece of Lava was right at my Feet. Voila: a >25 Million Year-old piece of Earth with some Pebbles embedded. Made my Day! It's lighter than Granite, but heavier than Wood.

MesaDog managed to get a Cactus bit stuck in his Nose, and that was a trial to remove. Some new-growth Cactus Nodules just about jump off at you; they're that easy to brush by and stick. About the size of a large Olive, but with wicked Spines out all sides. Just another Day in The Wild where recent Rain has everything blooming.

All were had by a good time. The luxurious treat this Morning was to wake up Sober, and sans an Alarm Clock. All Hail Retirement!