View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 03:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Pathwaytofree

Originally Posted by Auburnazd View Post
UGH!!! That absolutely disgusts me. Depression and anxiety are very real and sometimes very uncontrollable.
Yeah it sucks. I hope the next generations will understand it better.

I lost my father, my son, and 6 other people in 5 years and all the while used a drug (non-prescription) to numb my feelings. Now I’m sober off the drug and my depression and anxiety is at an all time high. I don’t make it to work many days. Many days I want to just escape and I just cry. But the one thing we can do is keep persevering (easier said than done) and keep ONLY supportive people in our lives.
Wow I am so sorry for your losses. That's a lot to go through.

Don't beat yourself up for being on a drug to numb your feelings. Be grateful for the self-awareness and the chance to change going forward.

Be kind with yourself. You are learning how to feel your feelings and not stuff them down. It will get easier.

I am happy for you that you have supportive people in your life. Good for you for not keeping unsupportive people around.

When I was in rehab I realized that I had three of the best friends in the world and some very supportive coworkers. Just stand by your beliefs, see a psychologist and psychiatrist and Lean on us. Please feel free to vent to me at anytime! I wish you all the best.
My previous therapist often used to talk about having a support system.

Thank you! I wish you all the best too.