View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 04:17 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Taooo
Walk on

Originally Posted by TheWayBack View Post
Anyone had this and then it passed? How long did it take? This is the worst thing. I never had depression in my entire life and not when I was drinking either. Of course it's hard to be depressed when you either don't have time because you're working, or you're drunk.

But I have this every stinking afternoon. I't's typically not that bad during the day and today I was actually very upbeat. Until, as always, I'm home and 5-6PM, formerly known as 'drinking hour' rolls around. I try to do stuff, but I'm not interested in anything. It's just this weird sort of depressing detachment from everything. Everything is just sort of a gray foggy haze for lack of better terms. This really sucks, I hope it goes away. If this is one of the reasons people fail at stopping drinking, I get it.
I felt it on the quiet days where everything was boring and nothing appealed to me, but day 42 and it's no longer a problem. I am much more productive than I used to be, on my quiet days I keep myself busy and I enjoy it. I remember the first few free days I had loads I COULD do but it all seemed boring and all I really wanted to do was smoke or drink.

The cravings still exist but they are much weaker and less obsessive, I know what relapsing would cost me and after 2 years of constantly trying and failing I'm finally making it the longest and most succesful so far. I suspect the little sneaky craving will always remain but I now have control to say "no, moderation is impossible".