View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 03:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
August252015

Great job on 59 days!

For me, a lot of symptoms were off and on and took awhile to fade or resolve. I was very sick when I quit so for me, the first significant shift I noticed in multiple ways was around 100 days. My first year and even into my second saw the smoothing, easing and healing of my body along with everything else.

Everyone's experience is different- brain fog, distraction, forgetfulness, all that stuff is something a lot of us go thru.

There are two things I always suggest - the book Living Sober is an easy read about the first year of sobriety. It might resonate with you like it does a lot of us. Also, this thread might be useful - www.digital-dharma.net - tab PAWS. PAWS is a syndrome- not a diagnosis, and whether people "believe in it" or not (you will see discussion of this topic around here sometimes), I found this particular article a great overview of what the first 6 mo, year, etc of sobriety can be like for some of us.

Apart from the physical healing, self care, meds, etc that have helped me - I had to start an actual recovery program. I hope you are using one, whether AA like me, or any other that is a plan of action to support you thru whatever will happen in your sober life.

The only certain things for any of us are that drinking will only make things bad (again) and seeing a dr is never a bad idea!!