View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 06:14 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
I'm here every day Shoes, I need the reminder of who I am, and why I am this person now. I need to continuously be on the lookout for cracks in my sobriety. Without vigilance and constant maintenance, I leave myself open to complacency, the biggest threat now to my sobriety.
I come to this thread and a very few others on a daily basis, so you might as well lean on me whenever you want! I've done my share of leaning over these years.
Originally Posted by trachemys View Post
I'm here daily as well. Lean all you want .
https://www.universityofcalifornia.e...drinking-brake
Originally Posted by Saskia View Post
Shoes, I am here almost every day (the only exceptions are when my aging brain forgets). From my own past experience I know I cannot ignore this. My previous sober stretch was 13 years. I worked through the acute cravings but find that once in a while I do still have a very brief drinking thought. Staying connected to this community and/or AA makes a huge difference for the long run. I usually start my morning here and it gets me off to a good start.

You are all my special friends here
All of the above .....big time.... toots' words feel like they came from my head.

Yesterday is the first day I have had a break from SR in many many months, and I still did a brief check-in.

An hour or so a day on SR is a HUGE part of my recovery plan.

And shoes love....you have my number. Please text or call anytime you want....especially if your AV is hassling you. I think one of the parts of this disease that is sneakily progressive is that feeling of "lack of conviction"....for me, it's just another way the AV has to trick us.

Love and good morning everyone. s