View Single Post
Old 02-23-2019, 11:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
enginear26

Attempting a New Beginning

Hello all

My name is Robert and I have been an alcoholic for far too long. Today I have decided that I was going to take action against the addiction that has caused my self and my broken family so much pain.

I believe I can get sober with a little bit of help and support from people that understand what it's like to be an addict. In my experience, sometimes a non-addict confrontation feels like a personal attack. While I understand others frustrations with my addiction, sometimes I feel misunderstood and my fragility and vulnerabilities cause me to feel pain. It's a vicious cycle that keeps repeating. It's time to stop.

My goal is that I can stop drinking by finally admitting how much damage I have caused, and to begin the process of forgiving myself and loving myself. I also need to clear out the negative mantras that have a hold of me and replace them with new and positive ones.

I don't expect this to be easy, but I hope that perhaps I will get the help I need and in turn perhaps help others too.

Thanks for reading