View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 11:21 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
MLD51
Giving up is NOT an option.

I'm IN!

Still buzzing from the thrill of seeing Elton John last night, and also a zombie at work because I was up until well after 1 am. That used to be a regular thing for me when I drank, but not anymore. Bedtime is usually 9, asleep by 9:30. I probably should have taken the day off, but my boss needs me right now, if only for moral support. I'm not really doing much actual work.

The concert was INCREDIBLE. I mean, like, one of the best I've ever been to. And I've been to a LOT. Yes, I'm a huge fan, but my man friend, who is not as big of a fan, thought it was really great, too. I'm putting it up there with Bruce Springsteen and Peter Gabriel, my very favorite concerts. So grateful I'm fortunate enough to be in a position to do things like this (it wasn't cheap) and to be sober to enjoy thoroughly and remember. I went to quite a few concerts when I was younger pretty wasted... and wasted my money. Pretty sad.

Anyhow - not much planned for the weekend, as of now. Need to catch up on some housework and icky paperwork. We have YET ANOTHER snowstorm coming Saturday into Sunday, so it'll be a good time to stay in and get things in order. Maybe bake something complicated.

Evoo - nitro cold brew is my new favorite thing. There's a place in my town that has it. One of those, and I am practically bouncing off the walls. Once, I made the mistake of having two. It was not good. I'm pretty sensitive to caffeine. Too bad I can't help with your crib assembly. I'm weird, but I adore putting furniture together. I'm happy to read that things are going so well with you - you sound so positive and upbeat! Keep that going!