View Single Post
Old 02-22-2019, 06:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
WhoDeyPI

Originally Posted by Evoo View Post
Hey, all! Happy weekend!

First off, I changed my avatar to a photo I took in Thailand years ago. Kind of reminds me of early sobriety, a breath of life forging a new way through dry and broken land.

Second — some updates:
  • The kid: He’s doin’ great. Lately I come home, give my wife a break (she is still on maternity leave) and play with my little buddy through the evening. Been introducing him to Andrea Bocelli, Eric Church, and 90s-era science fiction (he is gonna be SO cool like his old man )
  • Food and fitness: Literally obsessed with keto/Whole30 recipes right now. I’m at my target weight, too — healthy BMI and have been shifting to a maintenance plan. Hitting the gym tomorrow for a good lift, racquetball Sunday!
  • Work life: I can’t complain at all. I’ve been really sharp the last few weeks — more creative, more motivated... I do take some periodic forum breaks and short walks during the day, but I’m lucky to be in a situation where that’s acceptable (it’s big project-based work, not hourly). The upcoming project launch looks really good and I’m so ahead of the curve, I’ll be able to really unplug this weekend.
  • Gotta get a crib: This weekend I have to assemble a crib. This is not my jam. The little man is growing out of the bassinet. Wish me luck (will probably take hours). Note to self: learn to be more handy... I can build a computer just fine... hell I could build a crib in AutoCAD more easily that this lol
  • Saint Paddy’s Day? I’m starting to make a plan for Saint Paddy’s Day (I’m sure we’ll have a thread here at SR). We’re gonna bring the little guy to the grandparent’s house for the weekend — and my old man and I are gonna make a nice Shepherd’s Pie. I’m gonna drink nitro cold brew (a damn good Saint Paddy’s drink, if I do say so myself). Already talked w/ them so nobody will be offering me any alcohol. Just going to focus in on cooking, music, family.
That’s it all. What are other folks plans for the weekend ahead?

Stay well!
Dang, Evoo, you got it all going on! My sister just did Whole 30. That's far too much work for me, but I may try it sometime. I just ordered some 30-day skinny tea detox cleanse thing last night. I'm kind of obsessed with these cleanse things...they make me feel so thin.

Wish we lived closer, I would love to get into racquetball again. It has been YEARS!