Old 02-20-2019, 03:40 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  
JamesSquire

1. Yes, Addy I have a boat. My pride and joy. If my wife can't find me in the house she'll know I'm tinkering in the boat. Love my fishing though I'm not a keen eater of fish. From the picture you'll see the Glasshouse Mountains in the background. When Captain Cook sailed the East Coast of Australia the sun shining off the mountains reminded him of the Glasshouses in England.

2. I drink worst alone. I have at times woken up in the morning only to have a wine to 'cure' the hangover from the night before. I only figured this out a couple of weeks ago. I work from home so I don't have a home to come home to, I'm always at work. I work with my wife who has assumed the role of the boss and I don't get a say sometimes. I drink slowly but consistently all day and crash 7:30-8pm and can't remember what I had for dinner the next day. But now I have realised I can be comfortable with all of that.

3. I know some of you ladies are going to hate me for this, but I woke up this morning and forgot it was my 32nd wedding anniversary. I was too busy concentrating and celebrating the start of my 8th day sober. Luckily I built my Anniversary and Valentine's present into one.

4. Today I start my 8th day ... Since starting I'm alert, very little craving for alcohol, no indigestion (that I constantly had), very tired during the day, was angry for a while and suffer insomnia (but SRer's explained it was normal for early days), I meet clients and remember what I've said to them, eat well, drink heaps of water, getting my jobs around the house, getting along with my wife really well and yard work done and all of this in 7 days, can't wait till I'm free of alcohol forever.

5. Big week for me, I had a month's suspension on my license for a DUI charge (low-level luckily) and I get it back Friday. It'll be a Provisional license with Zero alcohol limit for a year before it reverts back to my normal license. Most embarrassing part was that in court the prosecutor was a client's wife . She came up later and said she wasn't telling her husband because she thinks highly me and believes it'll be a once off incident for me.

This a great Class _ February 2019, I feel very privileged.

Welcome Newbies.

Thanks for all the support.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Boat.jpg (32.4 KB, 52 views)