Thread: Stressful jobs
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 01:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
MantaLady
Ocean Lover!

I absolutely understand how hard it is to have a stressful job whilst navigating sobriety and just not having time to do any recovery things or have a way to cut the day off.

I used to work very long hours in Corporate and have a long commute each day too. I drank a lot to relax after work or when working from home to make a clear break in the day from working to me time. I went to rehab last year in June and then took the next 6 months off to work on my recovery. After 6 months I returned to my stressful corporate career but I had changed. I was having to put work above my recovery as the job required that, and it did me no good. I became stressed, didn't exercise and things started on a personal level to slide. I noticed that my old addictive stinking thinking was returning. Something had to give.

So, after 20 years of a big bucks job and long hours I just closed down my company and took a job locally, 20 minutes from my home and a strict 9-5. Sobriety changed me and changed my priorities in life so I changed the one thing that was getting in the way of having a good life. I do not earn anywhere near as much as i did, but when I was earning big money, I just drank it away anyway, I became trapped by what I thought others expected of me and the money. I am much happier now. x