Thread: Paws
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2019, 12:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
WeThinkNot

Originally Posted by WhoDeyPI View Post
Wow, thanks for talking about it. That's intense, and I do feel very fortunate. My first week or so of sobriety I had the cold sweats and mild shakes....but nothing since then. I have feelings of depression at times, but I've always dealt with depression my entire life.
I had made a comment in another thread that I'll repeat here. As a kid I was never happy on the inside. Deep down I knew that something was missing and that I felt "different". However because that was my default setting I never suffered from depression. After working my program I learned what it meant to be happy inside for the first time in my life. But because of the PAWS I was suffering from periodic depression.

Can you imagine that? I went from never happy but never depressed to being happy and making big improvements in my life and depressed at the same time. No wonder I was losing my mind.

I had other physiological symptoms which I ascribe to PAWS because I never had them before I quit drinking and they have since disappeared. Things like sleep apnea and erectile dysfunction (no joke). I chalk it up to my brain needing time to do a full system reboot.