View Single Post
Old 02-18-2019, 01:26 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Guener

Hi, Gettingcloser, it's great to have another from the group pop in to say how things are going. I like your handle, it's reflective of many things that we go through in abstinence and in sobriety. I find abstinence is more natural as time goes by and I know I have to do more all the time to be a truly sober person.

Willow, nice job on getting through another travel-related hardship and coming through clean.

So, an update on my visit with my parents is something to say, too. We ended up not taking my Dad to the hospital, as he was improved enough over what my Mom had related that they just would have looked him over and sent him home. Still, he is not doing well at all, can barely walk a few yards even with a walker without getting shaky and exhausted. He was more communicative when I was there but still withdrawn and depressed about his condition. Unless we can find something to do for his present state, I know he is going to get worse. I shared some more research again with my Mom about financial options that they will face if he has to go into a skilled nursing facility, and we talked about her own issues like eyesight failure and more. It was a hard visit in many ways, with no real "buts" to share that are positive about how things are going.

I'm not used to using the phone app for posting, so my getting back to report how things went is a bit tardy, but I'm doing pretty well with my own feelings about all of this and just have to be as supportive as I can be. I'm doing a few chores for my parents tomorrow that means that they don't have to go into town or find a person to stay with Dad at home while my Mom takes care of those, but until after those hospital tests there isn't a whole lot I can do on solutions.

I will be happy to be working tomorrow, too, to take some of this off my mind a bit.