Old 02-17-2019, 07:11 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
ScaryTime

Ukiah, so sorry for what you are going through. 3 years ago I went through a similar situation with my father although an alcoholic he wasn't at end stage but medical issues due to alcoholism.
dandylion gives excellent advice (as always) about contacting the social worker assigned your father's case. In addition my state has an ADRC in every county (aging and disability resource centers) that were beyond helpful. You may want to find out if there is any such agency in the county/state your father lives.
I did not go rushing up to my father's side either, but rather got on the phone with his social worker and contacted ADRC. I did eventually go up there and got him down here by me now (about a four hour drive). It was not easy but please don't give any thought to others' ignorance. They have no idea what it is like to be you.
I have a somewhat cold relationship with my father at times and did what I could when I needed to and that's all one can do. People are judge ental and you cannot change that. You also didn't cause this, you can't control this and you cannot cure it. Again you can only do what you can a d are willing to do.
take care of you, a d hugs to you!