View Single Post
Old 02-16-2019, 01:59 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  
Guener

Wow, I didn't even remember my own sobriety date, yesterday was so full of other things that had my attention, so thank you for reminding me.

I ended my Friday with my usual call home to say hello to my Dad, but he wasn't doing well at all and couldn't talk. Later this morning I will head out to my parents, and Mom and I are going to take him to the hospital. He may have a recurrence of cancer that has moved into his bones, which may explain his high blood calcium that was detected this week. The latter can cause all sorts of problems. On the other hand it could be something else, but he needs to be seen, re-hydrated, maybe given some other meds, and to have his bone scan pushed up. He is too much for my Mom to care for right now safely, and we are worried. I am hoping that he can be treated in our local hospital without being sent to a city further away that my Mom cannot drive to given her eyesight. It could be rough days ahead for us.

I will have to see if the Family Medical Leave Act laws apply to caring for a parent for a period of time, I just don't know. My boss is really a great person, so if I have to try to adjust my schedule, perhaps to work from home and on weekends some, he might allow some of that. Financially I cannot afford to lose any income right now.

I'm not sure what the rest of the family will do if it's really serious.