Old 02-15-2019, 07:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
trudgingagain

Not sure that hormones are involved, but who knows!? I drank before and during menopause....it didn't matter. Welcome to the class Red and Sky! As for what to say when others are drinking and you are not, it's not really necessary to say anything...but if you are hanging with people you used to drink with.....really, I think you can say anything....no one seems to care...lol. For me, in my previous bouts with sobriety, it took me time in sobriety before I could say anything, since I was so filled with shame. For my own sobriety, I stayed away from my "drinking buddies, and even did not go to my husband's niece's bat mitzvah reception. Too slippery for me at the time, so we drove separately. Today, I am doing the same thing....still kinda isolating, but taking care of ME. Going to walk today (since it's not raining) and do some more paperwork...maybe. Or....I may just kick it and watch movies! Fortunately, nothing pressing this weekend....I used to plan 3 day weekends, when I was working, so that I could drink Fri. night, Sat and Sun. (with some tapering on Monday) so I could go to work on Tuesday! No more....I may be retired, but I am sober (today)!