Old 02-12-2019, 08:32 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Evoo

Originally Posted by trudgingagain View Post
Ollie, I know that feeling of euphoria...but the first time I got sober, it took about 90 days for the mental fog to finally lift. Do you have a plan, other than "powering through it", for when things are not going so well? In my past experience, when things piled up on me, or there were problems I had (and I've had many) I felt it helpful to talk to another alcoholic, stay busy, "urge surf", etc.
Hey trudging.

This time is a little different for me because I didn't come to this decision from a place of relapse, but of about four years with off and on "moderation" with some ugly slips.

So this time around, hopefully the last, I'm skipping the hangover and physical withdrawals.

My plan: Honestly I plan on focusing on a kind of wholistic view of health. I'm on a sustainable diet and fitness plan. I'm really digging in on my hobbies and professional work. I making sure I have the closest people in my life in my decision to stay sober so they can support me if I need it. And I'm posting to start a community with people who really understand this.

At least that's my plan so far.