View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 03:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
weewillie
weewillie

Highercall, Hi.

Very helpful replies you have received from members.

At the beginning I had to go about my daily business with very little money in my pocket whilst taking detours in order to avoid the places I used to frequent in the city where I worked.
I was a partner in a business in the city, can imagine how awkward that was with hardly any cash in my pockets, however apart from a couple of slips at the beginning of my road to recovery, it was that awkwardness along with all the detours that helped me avoid slipping up. But I did it, and I survived.

What you don't want is to arrive at a stage in your life where you feel "that's it, it's over, I am never going to gain sobriety", so decide to end it all. That's the stage I was at in the end. I am not sure whether it was a genuine attempt or "a cry for help" as they say however, I prefer to think it was a cry for help. If I'd been successful, I would have left my darling wife and my little baby daughter behind. A horrible thought that only comes to mind now and again, like now.
Don't be like me, don't let a near tragedy shock you onto the road of sobriety. Do all you can in your power to gain sobriety. Be strong, be determined, be mindful, keep the sobriety you can achieve at the forefront of your mind each and every day and yes, even every hour if it is necessary.

Have faith, have faith in yourself.
Don't think "Nobody truly understands" everybody in here fully understands for sure, and wishes you all the very best in your endeavours. I would like to join in with these good members.

Fight the good fight...you win.

Positive Regards,
weewillie