Thread: Day 10 blues
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 04:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
listae

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Stardaisy, it's hard going through those early days and it's often a struggle. And, yes, it's hard accepting the things we did while drinking. I didn't tell anyone when I decided to stop drinking either. I just knew I had to do it and it became a very personal journey. I suspect you will begin to feel better physically and mentally soon.
I am on day 39 (quit on January 1) and it took me around day 21 to feel more energy and stop crying. Everyone's body is different. But I know by day 10, I was still very lethargic and withdrawing.

I too have a lot of regret about twenty-years of heavy, daily drinking. I'm still trying to process through the guilt and sense of lost time. But I do feel so much better on day 39 than on day 10. The changes are subtle and gradual. Sobriety is not a drug. For those of us on this site, I imagine that we needed and craved immediate gratification in many ways. All I know is the feelings of joy, sensation, and clarity that I have experienced after 39 days far outweighs the quick fix run.

Hang in there. Your body is processing the change. The lousy feeling will pass.