Old 02-07-2019, 08:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
thequest

Originally Posted by velma929 View Post
My dad blew a .12 after his accident, which led to him being convicted of DUI manslaughter. My mom and and another couple was with him, and none of them questioned his driving that evening.
Sad to hear that. But it's that look the other way or drink with them that can validate the alcoholic's behavior including driving drunk.

In this day and age driving drunk should be a huge no-no with all the information out there but now the lawyers and some of rehab community help rationalize it even if not their intention. I hear stories from people who used dui lawyers etc and they said they were told things like 'don't feel guilty, it happens, don't worry, this all you have to do to get out of this'. They are paid advocates and there is money in duis wether it's the government or these companies that run the associated programs. They sometimes inadvertently can give the offender an excuse to rationalize their behavior/bad decisions. Here with any matter the A uses a lawyer to rationalize his behavior and see what he can get away with, not what is legal or moral.

In the end it's still the alcoholic's and/or drunk driver's responsibility no matter how you put it.