Thread: Downward Spiral
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 07:14 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
wingsfree

Originally Posted by wiscgirl30
I cant wait to be an honorable woman that people can look at and see an energy, a light, a happiness. Not a girl who is crying inside all the time.
Wiscgirl, you're doing that today, you're reaching out for help, your light is shining HUGE. Oh you have more energy then you realize...you're a Mother, that takes tons of energy, so all the more reason to take care of yourself, it can be draining.

Do you journal? If not today might be a good day to start, grab a piece of paper and pen, and start writing down how you're feeling, you're FEARS, most of our fears are illusions nothing more. Write something down every day, you'll be surprised when you look back a month from now and see how you've felt, how much stronger you're getting with this, what to avoid. It really helps you know, get yourself a nice journal to write in, something bright, flowery that will attract you to pick it up every day and add your feelings.

If you're worried about having a drink at the fish fry, maybe it's not a good idea just yet to go, sometimes it's better to avoid sticky situations in the beginning of sobriety, but then again each time you conquer a situation like that it makes you stronger. You're stronger probably then you're aware of at the moment, our addiction loves to tell us that, ha it knows nothing, WE are stronger. Another thing you will get stronger with the more knowledge you have with this, keep reading others posts, there's so much positive around. SMART is a good program too, it's a self help one.

It's amazing what our addictive brains can conjure up, sitting here laughing about that now where my brain has went to at times....oh what a waste of time and energy, when I could have been putting it to better use.

Penguin congrats on your sober days, any sober day is a precious gift.