View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 04:28 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Finalround

Hello all. Been a manic 36 hrs. Ran out of heating oil yesterday morning. Was up early in a very cold house so my routine was disrupted. NFL super bowl last night and got home late. Woke this morning not feeling well, had no calls so stayed in bed. Finished up my weekend project and making dinner and finally got a chance to check in.

Bumboid, thanks for sharing with us. Sounds like you're in a very good place mentally and emotionally. Your comments to Ben were spot on to what I was thinking. Having some sober time built up and then drinking briefly, allows us to look at alcohol differently. Unlike when we are in the throes of addiction and can't stop. Asking ourselves after that drinking episode what alcohol is to us and is there a place for it in our lives. Can it ever be just a relaxing beverage like it is for normies? Or, do we see it as something that will always be a destructive force that we cannot control?

Dee's comments are brilliantly stated as usual and can be a great point of reference.

I have been having some random urges lately and I wonder if what I'm doing is enough? Already saw that a break from the routine caused me to forget why i choose to not drink. Plenty to think about.

Good news is, there has been a break in the weather. Sunny and 60'F today. Tomorrow will be nice too. The bike will be out tomorrow.

Goodnight all.