Old 02-04-2019, 04:01 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
noaddedsugar

Just posted this list in another thread..

- I don't have to put my energy into lying and hiding my drinking consumption. I spent so much time and effort trying to hide my drinking problem it was draining.
- Weight loss. As previously mentioned my face is less puffy.. I actually have a jawline and my swollen stomach has shrunk. I've dropped 2 dress sizes.
- Getting a good nights sleep. My sleeping pattern took a while to sort itself out but I'm finally waking up feeling refreshed and not wanting to throw up or call in sick to work
- My job performance has improved. I'm not making silly mistakes at work and have better relationships with my work colleagues as I don't feel I have to withdraw myself incase they notice I have a problem.
- I actually have time to do things other than drinking and find enjoyment in them. My passion for exercise has come back. Before I never would've had the stamina to work out or go to the gym but now I'm working out everyday and feel so much happier and healthier for it.
- Saving money. I'm not spending all of my money on vodka anymore so I'm managing to put some money into a savings account every month. I finally see a future worth living.
- Having an appetite. Now rather than having to force food down, feel like I was going to vomit with every bite and struggling to keep it down.. I'm actually enjoying food and planning meals. I'm a massive foodie and love going out for meals now.
- Reduced anxiety. I used to think drinking helped with my anxiety but it was having the opposite effect. My social anxiety seems like it's almost disappeared and my confidence has soared

& loads more. Can't believe I didn't get sober earlier!