View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 03:19 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
vinono

Originally Posted by AwkwardKitty View Post
I don't have any advice really as I also feel at rock bottom but your story really reaonated with me,especially the stuff about parenting.
I have a wonderful 3yo son who we never expected to have. I quit booze and fags for the whole pregnancy and barely drank in his first year but have slowly crawled my way back to rock bottom. That first year, I felt like who I was supposed to really be, loving life and being a mum. I love my son and I am still a gpod mum but all my mental energy goes into being ok for him and trying to prptect him from the effects of my mental health and im drained. Im functioning too, have a good job and am studying too. I try to limit my drinking days but i binge and the days increase then we're back in the vicious circle. I suffer from seious mental illness as a result of childhood trauma and abuse. I feel ashamed and angry and dont want my son to experience anything like i have. I kmow im treading a fine line. Im sorry to go on, your post jusy really spoke tp me xx
sorry to hear you're also suffering, it's horrible. I have woken up today, read through these replies and agree with what everyone is saying. It's down to me, no one else. I HAVE to stop, to fight this and get through the uncomfortable first few weeks. I hope you can find a way through. Its vital we do.