View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 01:57 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
kenton

Hi Vinono, just wanted to say hello to you and Awkwardkitty. I'm a parent of young kids too and I know you already know this but in case there is any doubt at all..... life is so much better since I stopped drinking. Infinitely better. I have so much more patience with my kids now .... so much interest in their lives. I know all about their friends, their homework, their dreams, their strengths, every thing that makes them unique. ... I can't wait to hear how each school day goes, I enjoy helping them with projects ... I love watching movies with them, taking them to museums, I love how they make me laugh every day. Sure, they can be hard work and thoughtless sometimes .... that's their job. They're kids .. they're learning. But I'm stepping up to my job now.... being the best mother I can be. And I always thought I was doing my best before but secret binge drinking and hangovers made me snappy, impatient, tired and selfish. I see that now. I know it's hard to begin with but the benefits of sobriety far outweigh any hardship involved in quitting so my advice would be to stop drinking and be serious about stopping. You won't find anyone here with long term sobriety who wishes they weren't sober. Just believe what so many people here already know .... sobriety will make every aspect of your life better. I don't go to AA but I work on my recovery every day. This place is my life line ... this is where I can connect with people who understand. My advice to you would be to make your recovery the most important thing in your life. Whatever happens ... you do not drink. You deserve to be the best version of you. And your kids definitely deserve you to be the best version of you. And we're all here to help so you don't have to do this on your own. But you do need to do this. Good luck.