Old 02-04-2019, 11:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SIB

Originally Posted by Labatty View Post
Day five is awesome!!!! Keep going, it gets better & better! Promise.

Wow a week before I quit? After being a daily drinker for roughly 30 years, I was a bloated, shaking, heart palpitating mess. For some weird reason the day before I stopped I took a selfie. I never take selfies. I didn't recognize the face looking back at me. That was almost 21 months ago.

Where do I start on how my life has changed????? I'm 64 so my life style is a little bit different than someone younger. But in the last 21 months I got a kayak for my retirement & have paddled across lakes all alone. I've gone on some brutal hikes that I never ever could have done 21 months ago. I've started painting again & I've taken up embroidery & quilting (sounds lame) but I have never, ever done anything like that before. I've never been a good sleeper, but now I don't worry about it like I used to. Now if I don't get sleep I just wake up tired instead of nauseated, dizzy & guilty. I can keep up with my six grandkids. Oh and my skin! That's the best part!

No denying it is rough quitting. It is one of the hardest things I have ever done. I still pinch myself.

Keep going please. All you have to do is not drink & listen to all of the awesome advice on this forum. I don't post a lot but I do come here several times a day to read all of the wisdom people have to offer & see how everyone is doing. Hang in there!!!!
Wow! If that isn't inspiration for someone to quit I don't know what is. I am half your age and couldn't do that with a kayak.

Congrats and thank you for the words of encouragement!