View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 05:45 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
venuscat

Yes....we were friends.....it is definitely him....and I feel awful because I knew he was dying.....and I felt that he had gone and I have not contacted his wife. I have their address if anyone wants it to send a card.

He was an amazing man, and he was a champion for me. He was so well educated and articulate and just so interesting, and he totally adored his dog. I hope that Bailey and Bill's wife are relatively OK.... by the middle of last year, Bill was kind of done....he just had too much pain, and he felt that he had lived long enough: I actually thought he was 95, but I was a few years out.

The world is a better place for Bill....he was an amazing teacher to many many students and a wonderful scholar. I never had a conversation with him that didn't last for at least half an hour: he had a lot to say.

I have some books here that he sent Nick and I....I will share some of his words...he always wrote inscriptions.

RIP sweet Bill.

Thank you for sharing this information....gosh...it's a lot huh?
But I know Bill would want us to celebrate his life rather than mourn his loss...he was a truly lovely man.