Old 02-03-2019, 07:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
AmbyMarie

Coming up on 9 months and need encouragement

Hey all! I’m nearing 9 months of sobriety and feeling a lot of anxiety and general lowless as of late. I find myself in a state of panic a lot of the times remincing on my drinking days and it causes a lot of guilt and shame. I know that alcohol is the devil for me and thankfully have had zero desire to start back up. Over the last couple of months, I have felt bouts of dizziness off and on which gets me down, probably a symptom of paws, I’m not sure, but trying to eat better and take vitamins. I know I drink a lot of coffee, sometimes a pot or more a day!! So I’m sure that’s not helping and need to drink more water! Just feeling blah and hoping to hear some encouraging words from others that have had these feelings. Riding them out the best I can, I’m proud of my sobriety and love sober living, but still feel crippling anxiety which I’m sure was numbed over the years with booze. Drinking was “fun” to start, but when it progressed to blackout drunken stupors on a couple of bottles of wine a few days a week, I knew the only direction I was going was south. I’m thankful to have got the memo at 35 to become the best Mom I could be for my 2 young sons, but I still feel I wasted so much of my time by drinking and a lot of it was hazy or not remembered at the last almost couple of years of my drinking. I’m disgusted with myself and want to feel normal again, the dizziness and off feelings get me down, but I know I need to stay strong and keep focusing on my sober life.