Old 02-03-2019, 06:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Clover71

I'm just trying to figure out how to do it kindly. One friend in particular seems to have a nervous breakdown over everything, and she inserts herself into these situations. She sent me a text last week and it said "things are really bad. Sorry I can't talk now but I will call when I can". It was beyond bizarre because we had not been having any type of discussion, and we talk maybe twice a week. I read it a little puzzled and a bit worried, but I was also so sick last week that it really didn't take up too much space in my head. I call her a few days later, and it was like nothing happened and everything was fine now and it all worked out. Now, it was a serious situation and I'm glad it worked out, but why not follow up to me and say hey everything is ok? I get a similar text last night. It says "hey, didn't you see my text about xxx". I had not gotten any text from her. Her husband has to have a procedure and she is rightfully worried, but of course she has it down to the worst case scenario i.e. That procedure isn't going to work so he will need a different one and will lose his job. I simply said the first one will work and recovery time is short. I was making dinner and hanging with my kids. So, she calls me instead of replying and I don't answer because i am busy and can't get into some long drawn out maddening conversation. She finally replied ok and that was it. I sort of feel bad because she is a friend, but she is one of these friends who wants you to be on demand when she wants you to be there. I guess for now I will force text conversations instead of getting drawn into phone conversations that make me want to tell her that most of her issues are about her meddling into everyone else's stuff and allowing herself to be drawn into chaos.