View Single Post
Old 01-31-2019, 09:27 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  
Torii

Hi guys, this is AliceTW from the old days. I can't remember my log in details so I started a new account here in January this year.

I've seen most of you since being back, but I didn't realise that the old class threads were here. It's been good to read back and see people dropping in to say hello, and still get and give support.

6 years since the class, wow. I saw that I dropped in in 2016 for two posts then disappeared.

In a nutshell (that's a walnut shell ) I was sober from Dec 12 to around, I think November 2014. I remember the night I relapsed pretty well, especially the conversations I had in the lead up, to myself mainly, but also my (now) husband. It was a bad night.

I think I probably tried to quit a lot, but just drank more and more, after that. Got engaged in December 2014, married in October 2015. It was a really nice wedding, we got married in New Zealand, photos on a glacier.

Had an amazing job opportunity come up in 2016. I applied for the job in 2015, an 18 month recruitment, only 3% of applicants go through. That was my last check in here, pre medical. Got the job, moved interstate late 2016, and the first thing I did when I rolled into my new town was to buy a carton of beer. I was pretty much unsupervised in Melbourne that year, without husband to see my drinking. Got back to daily drinking, work was stressful beyond belief.

I didn't get through the training for work, got let go and moved back home at the end of 2017. I still get periods when 'm devastated that I didn't get through, I've never failed like that before in my educational/vocational career before.

2018 I was more aware of my drinking, and heading more towards the right mindset that I had in 2012. New job, doing well. Cut down to drinking 'only' 3(ish) times a week. Took up smoking (after 9 years off them). October/December was something of a free for all, daily drinking, or near to, getting it 'out of my system' (any excuse to drink to excess, right?). Mostly just drinking to black out the misery and disappointment of 2017, and to try and ignore the 25 kilos I'd gained since 2015.

Decided to get healthy in 2019. Quit booze, though had a one night slip/blip on the 11th. Cut down the cigarettes a lot, and think I'm ready to say goodbye to them in February. I've started eating less junk food (down 5kg now).

So that's me these last few years. It's good to see you guys, and find the December thread again.

I'm kind of, but not really, in the daily thread for January 19, I don't have a PC anymore and don't log on as often as I'd like to. Good to come home to December 12.

​​​​