View Single Post
Old 01-30-2019, 03:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
RainingButtons

I couldn’t move out anywhere without the kids and my pets. Three cats and a dog. My oldest two are from my first marriage and they are 18 and 21. One a full time student and the other has the disabilities and is 100% reliant on me. The youngest two are AHs and age 13 and 10. They worship AH.

Thinking about past arguments - yes he does just walk away and never lets me finish or get my point across. He says I should make my point then drop it not go on and on and on, but if I try to make a point he shows no reaction at all like he’s not heard me. So I say more. Then he walks away. Generally that’s why it’s pointless trying to have a conversation about anything serious. He wanted me to come on board with the family business to help him out but so far it’s been so difficult. He said he desperately wanted me to transfer all our client paperwork onto pdf so he can email them contracts and handbooks instead, to save him forgetting. (I suspect he’s forgotten a lot!) I did all this for him it wasn’t easy and took me ages but so far he’s not even glanced at them and even has forgotten I’ve done them. I reminded him and he looked blank as if I was talking gibberish. yet when I want to make a decision on a business matter that he doesn’t agree with he repeatedly ignores my requests for information. I feel like it’s an insult to me, I’m certainly not an equal to him. When we travel in the same car even if it’s mind - he has to drive because he doesn’t like being a passenger. Obviously I don’t get in a car with him once he’s started drinking though but if I insisted I drive he’d be ok just make over exaggerated gestures with his feet as if braking or sucking though his teeth as if he thinks I’m too close to the kerb.

So so yes I guess that’s pretty controlling. Hadn’t thought of it like that.

he’s not had a drink today... herbal tea instead .. so he’s making his “point” again that he doesn’t have a problem 😩 this has lasted three weeks once. Happens once in a while and always goes back to the same old story.