View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 07:09 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by PalmerSage View Post
Hi all! Mostly lurking for now, but reading your posts with interest. I've been sober for 13 months and successfully lost 40 pounds through tracking calories and walking/jogging. About 6 weeks ago, I stopped exercising and ate enough chocolate and other crap for a small city. Initially, I didn't gain weight and in fact lost a little bit, but now I think I may have lost muscle tone and eventually, it all caught up to me. I'm trying to switch back to active weight loss mode, but it's been extremely tough, 99% because of sweets. Thanks for sharing your experiences!
Hello again dear PalmerSage.

...enough chocolate and other crap for a small city.....

When people offer me sweets....you know, cookies with a coffee, or a muffin thrown in for morning tea, or the 'organic' (lmao) sugar cookies that my friend brought me the other week from Costco.....I never ever say yes.

I used to be 200 pounds and I am only 5 ft 3 and a half...I most definitely ate enough chocolate for a small city.

I also drank enough wine to cover most of Australia....well, maybe not.

PS....I had one of the Costco cookies, gave one or two to Nick and then threw out the entire packet (it was huge....)

Nick never noticed. Win.