View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 02:07 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Day 10

Feeling really good- I think I've finally got the hang of this although I am nervous about what I will do and how I will act once the cravings strike. I realize now why I was still binging on keto- I would take really small bites of things like the leftover pieces of my kid's pb& j, or a Hershey Kiss here and there. Well obviously that's all it takes to make the cravings begin. I haven't touched sugar in 9 days and haven't had a craving in that long although I did salivate when I saw some pizza in the fridge last night (but that only lasted a few seconds.)
I am learning that the cravings do subside. I just need to give my body time to feel them and then let them go. I haven't had the binge urge yet though- this is what I am afraid of as it's going to come soon enough. But I will use my tools to get through it.

A quote from Refuge Recovery:

“Renunciation is a commitment to let go of the things that create suffering. It is founded on the intention to stop hurting ourselves and others.”

I don't want to suffer anymore. I don't want to hurt myself anymore or be absent for my kids because of the food. Those days are finally over.

Happy Tuesday friends!