View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 05:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Carlynn

Sitting here wondering what to do next

Clearly, I’m desperate. I’ve read all of the threads but never posted. So since I’m sitting here in a hotel room waiting for my brother to sober up somewhat, I thought I’d write. The back story is that my youngest brother has a severe addiction to alcohol. Detoxed a couple of times, rehab three times, left sober living, the whole 9 yards. He’s been sober now for a couple of months but relapsed a few times. This weekend, he left my mother’s house (where he was staying), got a hotel room nearby, and drank to a near coma. After receiving a text from him tonight, with his location and “help me”, I came to see how bad it was. He’s so drunk he can’t pass out, it seems. Very restless. My question is, do I leave him here and go home? What if something happens medically and he gets no help until they come to find out why he didn’t check out tomorrow morning? I’m so tired of this game. I don’t want to play it any more. He’s got a good job, a place to stay, and a family who loves him. Past events such as this resulted in my taking him to the ER and they sent him to mandatory detox the next day. He voluntarily went into rehab each time after that. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do at this point.