View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 05:35 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
DriGuy

Originally Posted by dafunbra View Post
I love my home group. There is one meeting here I really don't like, and I don't attend that one. But overall and highly weighted towards the good, I haven't seen anything like the claims here. Not saying they didn't happen, but it is not in my experience.
The first response that came to my mind was, "Well, I wish it wasn't in my experience either," but shocking as it was, I've seen a lot more pitiful behaviors during my life in other places. And on the positive side like you, I've had countless good experiences in AA that outweigh one wildly bizarre situation. I would rather it never happened, but on the other hand, no serious consequences came from it. What I picked up from others was mostly people shaking off the experience as the behavior of two really messed up emotional cripples, and members at that end of the room did intervene shortly after it started. Although no one was banned from meetings, and I don't know how such a ban could have been leveled without some central committee or leadership to do it.