View Single Post
Old 01-28-2019, 04:17 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

Day 9

I went to my second Refuge Recovery meeting last night. I definitely saw some people in there that I could connect with but my natural instinct is to keep my mouth shut during the sharing and run quickly out the door once it’s over. It’s sad because there was a girl sitting right next to me who had said it was her first meeting. I could have easily started a conversation with her but instead I bolted right after the meeting.

I feel left out. Like high school all over again. And it’s not real- it’s not anything that anyone is doing wrong. It’s just hard to be in a group where people know each other and shake hands and have inside jokes when you are new to the environment.

Plus the girl who runs the meeting never even came up to me on day one OR two to say hi. I found that odd. If it was me running a group and someone’s had messaged me (I sent her a message last week) I would at least introduce myself.

Anyway I know that in the end only I can be the one to change this. I will keep going and one day I know I will be brave enough to share and meet people.

Wishing you all a wonderful day.