View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 04:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
DriGuy

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
I haven't been to a ton of AA meetings, but there were always folks that created drama
Thanks.
I was at one where an actual fist fight broke out, and what was even more odd was that it was between a man and a woman. As socially inappropriate as that should be, it was a fight I would call "not evenly matched" as the woman was very big, even thunderous big, and the guy was a frail little man. Frankly, I would have laid 2 to 1 odds on the woman. It was broken up swiftly, and the woman left the building, while the guy sat down satisfied that he had gotten in his licks and asserted himself with authority.

Then some guy, not the chair person, stands up and says, "Remember; Whatever happens in an AA meeting is not to be discussed outside." At that comment, a young woman around college age, burst out laughing uncontrollably, and when she finished, punctuated her outburst with a concise observation, "Yeah, right! Like that's not gonna' happen."

Everyone else was just sitting there looking dumbfounded, but it was the main gossip that occupied social get togethers for the next week, and was probably public knowledge on the streets an hour after the meeting.