Old 01-25-2019, 01:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
DriGuy

I hope this doesn't derail the intent of this thread, but it reminds me of the movie In Time. Both the OP and the movie speak to the value of time. While the OP is upbeat, the movie presents the precious value of time with a darker spin. The critics did not applaud the film with much enthusiasm, although audiences were slightly more positive. I loved it because of it's creative and entirely unique premise.

In 2169, people are genetically engineered to stop aging on their 25th birthday. Everyone then develops a countdown on their forearm set for a year. When the clock reaches zero, that person "times out," or dies. Time has thus become the universal currency, transferred between people or within "time capsules." Two major areas called Time Zones exist within Ohio: Dayton, a poor manufacturing area where people rarely have more than 24 hours on their watch, and Greenwich, which is called New Greenwich, where people have enough time to essentially be immortal.

Will Salas is a Dayton factory worker, who rescues a drunken man named Henry Hamilton from a robbery by a group of time-robbing thugs led by Fortis. Hamilton reveals that the people of New Greenwich hoard most of the time to live forever, while constantly increasing costs keeps poorer people dying. The next morning, Hamilton transfers 116 years of his time to Will, and times out. Raymond Leon, leader of the police-like Timekeepers erroneously assumes that Will played a part in Hamilton's death... continues
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Time