Old 01-22-2019, 10:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kna810

Typical breakup response from alcoholics?

Thank you all for the responses. I dont make first contact with him so, that part will be easy. At the moment, i can only imagine he isnt thinking of me and only of the day filled with drinking. Today I feel better. Some of the responses I have gotten dont seem to fit his MO but i am not trying to obsess about it. I have no control over anything other than myself. Im still baffled as to why he hasn't brought the stuff back. And here is a little history as to why it's so confusing... During our relationship, we participated in 2 paint night for couples. During this, each person painted half of the one picture and when you hung them on the wall together they made a complete picture, with half of it painted by one person and half painted by the other. Anyhow, when we took the "break" back in late november, the discussion was started that we would break up (I was over him not making me a priority.) I am a very symbolic person and when a relationship is done, i toss ALL reminders of a person, my way so signify closure. In my mind, the pictures we created together needed to be destroyed. When i suggested burning them as a symbolic end, he had a wounded look on his face and said he wouldnt do that. That he wanted to just seperate them by 2 inches. ( I was completely confused, if we arent together then they dont matter). Jump, forward to, last Monday... The day we broke up. When he asked what i wanted from his house, i mentioned the picture, again suggesting we destroy them. He again, didnt want to do that and figured it would be best for me to take the half I painted and he keep the half he painted, each having an incomplete picture. These are sentimental and dont need to exist if we arent together but? Needless to say, he hasnt brought them back...or even given me my half (which I would throw in the burn pile if he did.) This is the part that is confusing. Most guys would gladly give back something like this...a breakup is a breakup...right? Is the an alcoholic response or just an unrelated guy thing?