View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 03:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
MantaLady
Ocean Lover!

Welcome to SR Taooo, this is a great place for support and congratulations for making the decision to start working towards a better sober life for yourself, it’s hard but so worth it!

Have a look around and maybe check out the urge surfing info, getting a good plan in place with some tips and tools on what you will do when the craving hits is a good start. You could also join the class of January thread for others like yourself who have made the decision this month to give a sober life a shot!

One thing that was helpful for me early on was to write out all the bad things I could remember that I did while using, how it made me feel, the consequences I faced from using. I also wrote out how I felt deep down, I suffered with a lot of depression and anxiety from drinking too. It’s easy to forget a few weeks down the line how bad you felt and the old “I can moderate” or “just one won’t hurt” thoughts start to take over. I can then go back and re-read what I wrote and it gives me a boost of strength to keep on the right path.

Also, post as much as you want and need to, having others that understand and chew the fat with was invaluable to me in the first few months and I don’t know where I would be if it wasn’t for the support of the wonderful community here.

Great decision and look forward to reading more from you! x