Old 01-16-2019, 02:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Jmaco

Beginning the journey of alcohol recovery

Hi, I have a level of alcohol dependency and have had for a few years now, which means I am drinking a fair amount more than the recommended unit levels even though it's a small percentage each day but it's every day.

However, I have made a plan to reduce my alcohol consumption to a point where I don't drink any alcohol any more at all. I did want to just stop immediately but have been advised by healthcare professionals to only cut down slowly for now until I have been properly assessed.

Other things I have done is seek out help and will be attending a support session tomorrow for the first time. And then I will be allocated a key worker as well at some point. I will also be asking about drugs to help with the cravings if need be.

I think the staying off the alcohol, especially in the very first stages will be the most difficult for me and so am seeking as much help as possible to deal with that too.

Furthermore, the plan that I have done for myself so far is to drink slightly fewer units each day for the rest of the week. And I do hope that what I am doing right now is a valid reduction plan which is now just sticking with no more than 4.8 units compared with last night which was 7.2 units and night before that being 9 units.

I look forward to chatting with you.

Thanks.