View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 02:19 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
I think I’m not used to feeling anything much. I drank for 35 years, since I was 15. I guess I numbed out all the hard things with alcohol. Now I’m experiencing the hardest thing I’ve ever had to deal with, and the intense raw emotion is sometimes so overwhelming. I think after having to suppress my grief the last few weeks of being in ongoing social situations, now means that as I’m alone now, all the pent up grief is pouring out.
And I’m getting a headache. I really need to make myself get up out of bed and make myself a coffee.

Thank you Calmerwaters ❤️
Yes love....to be honest....I was pretty worried about you doing all of that over the holidays....but also really proud of you for having the courage to be a partner to your partner....it is hard for us in early recovery to be around alcohol....and I understand that your Christmas plans were important to your guy....and you came through so well. You were so strong.

But yes, that was a lot....and I would be exhausted if I was you.

I know you know it's only a few years for me since I lost dad and Auntie Dorothy (his sister and my best friend) and my mum 3 years before that. That took a LOT of healing...and yours happened all at once. That is HARD.

So nurture you....and let us keep loving you through this. It will be a while before it gets easier....but it will: I promise. ❤️