View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 07:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Canuckleman45

Today is the day

Good Morning everybody. Today is a great day to test my theory about being alone as a main trigger, excuse, reason to drink. Whatever we want to call it.
My wife has to work real late this evening, my kid is at school, and working later. I'm not working at the moment, and today is an off day from the gym. So today is a perfect day to go completly damn sideways. You all know what I'm talking about. But I've been giving this alot of thought, and its the only time I have drank in the last 11 months is when I am alone.
So here's my plan for the day. Lots of coffee, breakkie, newspaper. Household chores, shower, Checking in to SR alot. An afternoon walk as my wife has the vehicle. Lunch, dinner. Hockey game this evening. Some time to work on my breathing techniques, mindfulness, and gratitude will be mixed in as well. Come to think of it im pretty busy and might leave out some chores.HAHA
I have lots planned to do today which should be a good thing. Might find some time to watch Narcos. Actually I WILL find time for that. LOL
It seems weird, I used to absolutely love being alone. As I am a little introverted, and don't need people around me all the time. The quietness, the peacefulness. No kids running around, fighting etc. But the last few years have been ruined because of the alcohol. I want that back as well. I am getting so much back these days that I have lost from alcohol, that I want more and more back. After I conquer this step I'm sure there will be another step to take. But right now I need to be ok while I am by myself.
Have a great day everybody! I'll check in later.