View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 05:28 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Thanks Dee
Thanks Suze and Badger ❤️ It’s been a crazy roller coaster journey since I stopped drinking in May. I honestly didn’t think I’d make it through the silly season without drinking, but having lost Mum and Dad I couldn’t bear the thought of letting them down. I feel I owed it to them, to stay sober and present, for this first Christmas without them, (especially to Mum who waited till my monumental day 100 before heading off on her journey to Heaven). I’m not usually a church goer, but I took great comfort in going to church on Christmas morning and lighting candles for them both. I felt closer to them being sober than I could have if I’d been drinking. And I’m so glad to start the New Year sober. Now that I’m home I can fully see how challenging these last weeks, actually months have been. But I feel I’ve turned a corner. I still miss them like crazy and my life will never be the same, but I’m so grateful that I’m doing it sober. It doesn’t seem like sobriety is s burden, and I don’t feel like I’m missing out. I have more clarity, even though it is swathed in moments of stark sadness. I have occasional moments of lightness, especially when surrounded by nature. They are fleeting, but by seeking out nature, I intend to bring those moments into my life more often. I will get there. One day at a time.

Thank you all here on SR for being here ❤️❤️❤️
Yes you will my darling. ♥♥