View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 07:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
D122y
Blue Belt

Ser,

The mystery of faith. Jesus is in my heart and if I keep my faith in the forefront of everything, life is good.

When I let my demons out, they reek havoc on me and take me towards disaster...e.g. drinking relapse, road rage, crowd rage, family/work issues.

Letting go and learning from the past, living in the present, and preparing but not obsessing for the future, is the way for me to go.

I have been vacationing with a drinking relative for the last week. Anytime there is a reasonable chance to drink..he does. He hasn't bought a bottle, but spends about $15 per drink. He thinks that makes it ok?

He has managed what he thinks is moderate drinking. But, I think he drinks about 5 units a day and this is classified as a daily binge.

I say nothing because I have already said everything to him 5 times. I am not tired of harping. I don't want to ruin his vacation with alcohol related whining.

He is going through withdrawals everyday. He takes meds like he is sick, nyquil and sudafed...on top of rx drugs. It is a pathetic and weak existance, but addiction is like that.

His body is under constant duress. I live by example, and he thinks I have the drinking problem because I quit drinking 4 years ago.

Addiction is a nightmare and we are lucky to have found this forum. Addicts need constant reminders of what is in store from a relapse.

The crave is for life.

Thanks.