View Single Post
Old 12-29-2018, 07:33 PM
  # 492 (permalink)  
snitch

Middle of the night check in!

I got back from Delhi yesterday afternoon. There were so many ill people on the plane and I have woken with that sort of sensitive skin ill feeling. Ugh. Just taken a couple of paracetamol and will hopefully get back to sleep. Tomorrow I am going to start juicing and blending! Need lots of vitamins. I really don't wanna be ill! I don't have time for It lol.

Daisy I hope you are feeling better too. There sure has been a lot of ot this year hasn't there?

Today we have some family coming down and are going out of lunch. More food!.am getting sick of it all now. I feel sluggish and in serious need of a detox. Last meal out and then I am getting on it. 8 months sober now which is unbelievable and I am looking forward to getting to know the sober me and trying new sober things in 2019!!

I read a post by lessgravity on here the other day. He? She? Was saying he was going to start going to AA meetings as he wanted to be round sober people as the christmas period has had so much emphasis on drinking etc. Although I do go to AA anyway, I just totally resonated with that post. When I got to my AA meeting on Christmas Day it was just such a relief. So lovely. I am feeling exactly the same way. I want to spend my time with non drinking people. Or people who at least don't drink heavily and especially people who are in recovery like me. Some of my friends and family are normal drinkers but I do have friends especially my pill popping mum friend who are sick like I was and it is so destructive and sad to watch. And I am absolutely powerless to do anything to help and as much as I want to be there for her/them my own recovery has to come first and it is hard to be around people like this. I said before I think on Christmas Day I had the sudden realisation that that was it. My old life and old ideas were really done and dusted and there was absolutely nothing for me in the pub life anymore ! A guy who was on my crew said he spent 3 days over christmas drunk and high! He has 2 little boys! I would have been envious of that before, but now I think how sad is that? I can't believe I spent so long doing that and numbing out and not being present!

Anyway sorry for rambling on. I have an 08.30 Gratitude meeting to go to so I had better try get some more sleep !